This post contains affiliate links. Read the full disclosure here.
These rice krispie treats with marshmallow fluff are made using just 4 simple ingredients! These gooey treats take just 8 minutes to make, no baking required.
These marshmallow fluff rice krispies are a fun twist on a classic treat! These rice krispie treats taste more like the storebought version you know and love since those also use marshmallow fluff.
If you’re looking for a rice krispie treat recipe made with marshmallows though, I’ve totally got you covered! Check out my favorite chocolate covered rice krispie treat recipe.
Why You'll Love These Rice Krispie Treats with Marshmallow Fluff
- You only need 4 simple pantry ingredients, that’s it!
- This is a no bake recipe, so no need to turn on the oven and they take almost no time to make.
- You can customize your marshmallow fluff rice krispie treats by adding sprinkles, mini chocolate chips, or some salt for a salty-sweet kick.
- This recipe can easily be made dairy free, so it’s a perfect treat for people with food allergies.
- Butter: you can use regular butter or vegan butter if you’re dairy free.
- Rice Krispies: you can use the branded Rice Krispies cereal or you can use any rice crispy cereal from the grocery store.
- Marshmallow Fluff: this is sometimes called marshmallow creme!
- Vanilla Extract: because we aren’t using a lot of ingredients in this recipe, I recommend using a high quality vanilla extract to give the treats lots of flavor.
Step by Step Instructions
Note: Full ingredient measurements and instructions can be found in the recipe card at the bottom of this page.
Step 1: Line an 8x8 or 9x9 baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
Step 2: Pour the rice krispie cereal into a large bowl and set aside.
Step 3: In a large pan, melt the butter over medium heat.
Step 4: Add the marshmallow fluff to the melted butter and stir until combined. Stir in the vanilla extract.
Step 5: Pour the marshmallow fluff mixture into the rice krispies and stir until combined.
Step 6: Pour the mixture into your prepared pan and use a greased spatula or your hands to press the mixture down into an even layer,.
Step 7: You can sprinkle over sea salt and sprinkles. Let the treats set at room temperature or in the fridge. Don’t slice them until they’ve completely set.
FAQs and Expert Tips
I would say these rice krispie treats with marshmallow fluff taste lighter and almost creamier. They’re more like the storebought version!
Yes, just make sure you’re using gluten free certified rice krispie cereal and marshmallow fluff.
I recommend following this recipe instead if you only have marshmallows on hand!
- Need to make these rice krispie treats for a crowd? Double the recipe and use a 9x13 baking pan!
- Rice krispie treats made with marshmallow fluff are softer than regular rice krispie treats, so make sure that once you’ve poured the mixture into the pan you firmly press down.
- If you’re using a 9x9 pan instead of an 8x8 pan, just note that the bars will be slightly thinner.
- Use seasonal sprinkles or seasonal rice krispies cereal for Christmas, Halloween, or Valentine’s Day!
Storage and Freezing Instructions
Store the rice krispie treats in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
More No Bake Recipes You'll Love
Rice Krispie Treats with Marshmallow Fluff
- 1 large pan
- 1 8x8 square baking pan or 9x9 square baking pan
- Line an 8x8 or 9x9 baking pan with parchment paper.
- Pour the rice krispie cereal into a large bowl and set aside.
- In a large pan, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add in the marshmallow fluff and stir with the melted butter until combined. Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Pour the butter and marshmallow fluff mixture into the bowl of rice krispies and stir until fully combined.
- Add the mixture into your lined pan and use a greased spatula or your hands to firmly press the mixture down into an even layer.
- Sprinkle sea salt or sprinkles over top if desired! Let the mixture sit at room temperature or in the fridge until fully set.
The calorie information provided for this recipe is an estimate. The accuracy of the calories listed is not guaranteed.