This post contains affiliate links. Read the full disclosure here.
These chocolate cornflakes cakes might be the easiest no-bake dessert ever! Made with just 5 simple ingredients, these cornflakes cakes can easily be made vegan or dairy free. Plus, they take just 10 minutes to make!
While I love making a big batch of cookies, sometimes I just need something sweet and simple. These no bake chocolate cornflakes cakes are the perfect treat for when I don’t want to turn on the oven!
These corn flakes cakes are just so crunchy and chocolatey. They’re perfect for bake sales, birthday parties, and even packing in lunches, and I love that I can make them ahead of time!
Why You'll Love These Chocolate Cornflakes Cakes
- This is a no-bake recipe, so it’s perfect to make on those days when it’s too hot to turn on the oven!
- This is a kid friendly recipe! These chocolate cornflakes cakes are so simple to make, your kids can join in and help.
- I’m using super simple ingredients, I’m sure you already have everything you need in your pantry!
- You can easily customize these cornflake cakes by adding chocolate chips, m&ms, or sprinkles.
- Cornflakes: you can use any brand of cornflakes here! If you need these to be gluten free, make sure you use a certified gluten free cornflake cereal.
- Honey: this is going to sweeten the cornflakes cakes! Swap it out for agave syrup if you’re vegan. If you’re in the UK you could also swap out honey for golden syrup.
- Chocolate: you can use semisweet chocolate chips or chop up a chocolate bar. If you’re vegan or dairy free, make sure you’re using a vegan chocolate.
- Sea Salt: don’t skip out on the flakey sea salt, it tastes so good with the chocolate!
Step by Step Instructions
Note: Full ingredient measurements and instructions can be found in the recipe card at the bottom of this page.
Step 1: Line a muffin tin with muffin liners and set aside.
Step 2: Place the cornflakes in a large mixing bowl and set aside.
Step 3: Add the chocolate chips or chopped chocolate to a microwave safe bowl with the honey and microwave in 15 second intervals, making sure you stir in between until completely melted.
Step 4: Pour the melted chocolate over the cornflakes and stir until the cornflakes are evenly coated.
Step 5: Stir in 2 tablespoons of powdered sugar and stir until coated. Taste and add more powdered sugar if it isn’t sweet enough for you.
FAQs and Expert Tips
You definitely can! If you use a mini muffin tin you can make 24 mini cornflakes cakes, or you can use a regular sized muffin tin and make 6-7 cornflake cakes. If you want more of the regular sized ones you can double the recipe to get 14 of them.
I recommend using semisweet chocolate chips or a semisweet chocolate bar. You don’t want something overly sweet like milk chocolate. The honey and the powdered sugar means these cornflake cakes are already sweet enough!
- Make sure the cornflakes you’re using are fresh! If you’re using an old opened bag of corn flakes then the chocolate cornflakes cakes might not be crunchy.
- When melting the chocolate in the microwave, make sure to stir every 15 seconds. If you don’t stir, the chocolate could burn.
- Don’t add all the powdered sugar at once - instead add just two tablespoons to start and taste to see if it’s sweet enough for you before adding more.
- Feel free to add mix-ins like mini chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, mini m&ms, or sprinkles! If you want to add these in, make sure to add them before you add the powdered sugar.
- If it’s springtime or Easter when you make these, add mini eggs to make these into little bird nests!
Storage and Freezing Instructions
Store the chocolate cornflakes cakes in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3-4 days or in the fridge if it’s too hot in your kitchen.
More No Bake Recipes You'll Love
Chocolate Cornflakes Cakes
- 1 cupcake tin (regular size or mini)
- 3 cups Corn Flakes cereal
- ¾ semisweet chocolate chips or chopped chocolate (regular or vegan)
- 3 Tablespoons honey (or agave syrup for vegan option)
- 2-4 Tablespoons powdered sugar (icing sugar or confectioners sugar) (as needed)
- flakey sea salt (for sprinkling on top)
- This recipe makes 6-7 regular sized cornflakes cakes or 24 mini cornflakes cakes. Line a muffin tin with liners (regular or mini) and set aside
- Add the cornflakes to a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- Add chocolate chips/chopped chocolate to a bowl with the honey and microwave for 15 second intervals, stirring in between until completely melted and combined.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the cornflakes and quickly stir until the cornflakes are fully coated.
- Sprinkle powdered sugar over the cornflakes and stir until coated. Start with 2 tablespoons and taste then add more if needed. The cakes will get sweeter the more you add.
- Use a large cookie scoop or ice cream scoop to add cornflakes to the liners.Fill almost to the top then use the back of the scoop to firmly flatten and press down on the cakes.
- Sprinkle each one with flakey sea salt and let them set for around 15 minutes, or until fully set and not crumbly.
The calorie information provided for this recipe is an estimate. The accuracy of the calories listed is not guaranteed.