This post contains affiliate links. Read the full disclosure here.
These soft and fluffy Oreo muffins are packed with Oreo flavor! Each muffin is topped with Oreo streusel and loaded up with Oreo cookies. Easy to make and you don’t even need a mixer!
These soft bakery style muffins are perfect for Oreo lovers! While I’m always up for a fruity muffin, like my blueberry muffins or blackberry muffins, sometimes you want a bit of dessert for breakfast! These Oreo muffins are the perfect fluffy vanilla muffin packed with crushed Oreo cookies.
Even better, you can make these muffins in a flash and I’ve got a few tips on how to get that bakery-style look.
Why You'll Love These Oreo Muffins
- Each soft and fluffy muffin is loaded up with crushed Oreo cookies and then topped with a homemade Oreo streusel.
- You can keep these muffins in the freezer so you always have Oreo muffins on hand!
- You can make these muffins by hand, no need to pull out the mixer.
- These Oreo muffins can easily be made gluten free and/or dairy free.
- By chilling the muffin batter for 20-30 minutes, you’ll get tall bakery style muffins!
- Flour: I’ve used all purpose flour in this recipe, but if you can also use gluten free 1-1 all purpose baking flour.
- Milk: feel free to use any kind of milk! If you’re using a vegan milk to make the muffins dairy free, just be aware that the muffins might be slightly sweeter unless you use an unsweetened vegan milk.
- Butter: you can use regular butter or vegan butter in these cookies and cream muffins.
- Oreos: you can use regular Oreos or gluten free Oreos! You could also use flavored Oreos if you want to spice it up!
Step by Step Instructions
Note: Full ingredient measurements and instructions can be found in the recipe card at the bottom of this page.
Step 1: Whisk the flour, baking powder and salt together in a medium bowl and set aside.
Step 2: In another bowl, whisk together the melted butter, eggs, milk and vanilla extract. Pour in the sugar and whisk until smooth.
Step 3: Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until just combined with a rubber spatula. Stir in the chopped Oreo cookie pieces.
Step 4: Cover the bowl and chill in the fridge for 20-30 minutes - this will give you much taller muffin tops.
Step 5: While the muffin batter is resting, preheat the oven to 400°Fahrenheit.
Step 6: Make the streusel by combining all of the Oreo streusel ingredients in a small bowl with a fork.
Step 7: Line a muffin pan with 12 liners. Scoop the muffin batter into the liners until they are ¾ full. Sprinkle the streusel on top of each muffin, then bake them for 12-14 minutes. You’ll know they’re ready when a toothpick inserted comes out clean with no crumbs.
Step 8: Let the Oreo muffins cool in the muffin tin for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire cooling rack.
FAQs and Expert Tips
If you’re short on time you can bake the muffins straight away, but chilling the muffin batter will lead to taller muffin tops.
Your muffins could be dry due to not measuring your flour properly! I recommend weighing the dry ingredients and also not overmixing the muffin batter.
I used regular Oreos (which are naturally dairy free!) but if you’re gluten intolerant and making these muffins gluten free, be sure to use gluten free Oreos. You can also use seasonal Oreos!
I love having this crunchy oreo streusel on top, but you can leave it out if you prefer.
- It’s so important to weigh your ingredients, especially your flour! Adding too much flour can lead to dry muffins with a tough texture. If you don’t have a scale, I recommend using the scoop and level method to measure the flour.
- Don’t over mix the muffin batter once you’ve added the dry ingredients, stir everything until just combined.
- While chilling the Oreo muffin batter is optional, it will give you taller muffin tops!
- When you scoop the batter into the liners after it has chilled, do it gently so you don’t deflate the batter.
Storage and Freezing Instructions
Store these Oreo muffins in an airtight container for up to 3 days at room temperature.
To freeze the muffins, place the cooled muffins in a Ziploc bag in the freezer for up to 2 months. When ready to serve, microwave the Oreo muffin until defrosted or let them thaw at room temperature.
More Oreo Recipes You'll Love
If you make this recipe, let me know how it went in the comments below, I’d love to hear from you! You can also tag me on Instagram or Facebook so I can check it out!
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled (regular or dairy free)
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ Tablespoon vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup milk (regular or dairy free)
- 2¼ cup all purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1½ cup chopped Oreos (12-15 Oreo cookies)
Oreo Streusel Topping
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2½ Tablespoons brown sugar
- ¼ cup Oreo cookies, finely chopped (3-4 Oreo cookies)
- 6 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 Tablespoons butter, softened (regular or dairy free)
- Whisk the flour, baking powder and salt together in a medium bowl and set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together the melted butter, eggs, milk and vanilla extract. Pour in the sugar and whisk until smooth.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until just combined with a rubber spatula. Stir in the chopped Oreo cookie pieces.
- Cover the bowl and chill in the fridge for 20-30 minutes - this will give you much taller muffin tops.
- While the muffin batter is resting, preheat the oven to 400°Fahrenheit.
- Make the streusel by combining all of the Oreo streusel ingredients in a small bowl with a fork.
- Line a muffin pan with 12 liners. Scoop the muffin batter into the liners until they are ¾ full. Sprinkle the streusel on top of each muffin, then bake them for 12-14 minutes. You’ll know they’re ready when a toothpick inserted comes out clean with no crumbs.
- Let the Oreo muffins cool in the muffin tin for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire cooling rack.
The calorie information provided for this recipe is an estimate. The accuracy of the calories listed is not guaranteed.
this mufifn recipe was sooo good! the oreo streusel topping really tied this muffin together 🙂 crispy top and a soft middle, which was perfect and it was a family favourite
I'm so happy you loved the muffins Celine! Thank you for the review!
I’m an Oreo anything fan…this didn’t disappoint. Going to try the brownies next 🙂
So happy you loved them! Enjoy the brownies 🙂
our new favorite muffins! great to grab and go and put in the kids lunches.
I'm so happy you loved them Carly!