This post contains affiliate links. Read the full disclosure here.
Get ready for the best ever Oreo chocolate chip cookies! These cookies are loaded with Oreo flavor thanks to finely crushed Oreos and Oreo pieces baked into the dough. Plus, they’re ready in under 25 minutes with no dough chilling required!
As you can tell by the blog name, I am a huge lover of cookies! So I decided it could only get better to make cookies with more cookies inside of them!
These Oreo chocolate chip cookies are soft, chewy and the best part is the dough doesn’t need to chill before baking.
Why You'll Love These Oreo Chocolate Chip Cookies
- These cookies can be made with regular dairy ingredients or you can make them completely dairy free! To make them dairy free, just use dairy free chocolate chips and dairy free butter! Luckily, Oreos are already completely dairy free.
- They’re ready in under 25 minutes and use simple ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry.
- The cookie dough doesn’t need any chilling time, so you can get baking straight away!
- This is a freezer friendly recipe, which means you can always have a batch of Oreo chocolate chip cookies waiting for you.
- These cookies have all the cozy, gooey deliciousness of a classic chocolate chip cookie, but they’re elevated with the Oreos!
- Butter: this recipe can be made using regular butter or dairy free butter.
- Flour: this recipe has been tested with all purpose flour, but you can also use gluten free all purpose 1-1 baking flour.
- Oreos: use regular Oreos for this! If you need these cookies to be gluten free, then make sure you are using gluten free oreos. If you’re dairy free then good news - Oreos are already dairy free!
- Chocolate Chips: you can use either chocolate chips or chop up a chocolate bar. I recommend using semisweet chocolate for this.
- Egg: I haven’t tested this recipe without eggs or with any egg substitutes, but I have had success using a flax egg instead of an egg with similar cookie recipes.
Step By Step Instructions
Note: Full ingredient measurements and instructions can be found in the recipe card at the bottom of this page.
Step One: Preheat the oven to 350° Fahrenheit/175° Celsius and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
You can also place the Oreo in a ziploc bag and use a rolling pin to crush them. Take your other 6 Oreos and chop them into large pieces, set aside.
Step Three: In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, or using a hand mixer, beat the butter and sugars together until light and fluffy. This takes about 1-2 minutes.
Step Four: Add in the egg and vanilla extract, then beat until just combined. You don’t want to overmix!
Step Five: Mix in your dry ingredients until just combined. Pour in the chocolate chips, Oreo crumbs and larger crushed Oreos, and then mix.
I recommend adding extra chocolate chips or Oreo pieces on top for that beautiful bakery look!
Step Seven: Bake the cookies one sheet at a time for 8-11 minutes. Once the edges look set, take them out of the oven. They should look done on the edges and slightly under-baked in the middle!
Step Eight: Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes, then transfer them to a cooling rack to cool completely. Bake your next sheet of cookies. Enjoy!
FAQs and Expert Tips
Yes! All you’ll need to do is use dairy free butter. Oreos are already dairy free!
Can I make these cookies gluten free?
Yes, just use gluten free Oreos and replace all purpose flour with gluten free all purpose 1-1 baking flour.
Why is my cookie dough dry and crumbly?
If your cookie dough is dry, you probably have over measured your flour. Make sure to weigh your flour with a kitchen scale!
Yes! Freeze the unbaked cookie dough balls for up to 3 months in a ziploc bag, you will have to add an extra minute or two in the baking time.
- Properly measure your flour - If you over-measure your flour, the cookie dough and the cookies will be too dry and crumbly. It is very easy to over-measure your flour, so I strongly recommend weighing it with a $10 kitchen scale or using the scoop and level method.
- Don’t over-mix the dough - be careful not to overwork the dough when you’re adding the dry ingredients and mix-ins!
- Don’t over-bake the cookies - Take the cookies out when the edges are just set and the middle is still slightly under-baked. If you over-bake them you might get dry and crumbly cookies!
- Use semi sweet chocolate chips - The Oreos already add some sweetness to the cookies, so using milk chocolate chips would make these cookies much sweeter, so I prefer using semisweet!
Storage and Freezing Instructions
You can store the cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4-5 days. You can also freeze the cookie dough balls for up to 3 months, you’ll need to give them an extra minute or two in the oven though!
You can also freeze the baked cookies, then defrost them overnight in the fridge before baking.
More Oreo Recipes You'll Love
Oreo Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 standing mixer or handheld mixer
- ¾ cup butter, softened (regular or dairy free)
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cup + 2 Tablespoon all-purpose flour
- ⅔ cup semisweet chocolate chips or chopped chocolate (regular or vegan)
- ½ cup Oreo crumbs (or 6 Oreos finely chopped or into crumbs or crumbled in food processor)
- 6 Oreo cookies, roughly chopped (plus more for topping)
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Measure out your Oreo crumbs, or make your own by finely chopping 6 Oreo cookies, or placing them in the food processor or blender until crumbs form. You can also add the Oreos to a ziploc bag and roll over them with a roll pin until you have fine crumbs. Roughly chop the remaining 6 Oreo cookies and set aside.
- In the bowl of a standing mixer with the paddle attachment or a handheld mixer, mix butter and sugars until light in color and fluffy (1-2 minutes)
- Add in the egg and vanilla extract, and beat until just combined.
- Mix in the dry ingredients until a dough forms. Add in the chocolate chips,Oreo crumbs, and crushed Oreos and mix until just combined.
- Bake the cookies one sheet at a time for 8-11 minutes. Remove them from the oven when the edges look set. They will look under-baked in the middle!
- Leave the cookies on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely. Enjoy!
The calorie information provided for this recipe is an estimate. The accuracy of the calories listed is not guaranteed.