This post contains affiliate links. Read the full disclosure here.
This gluten free cookie dough uses just 8 simple ingredients and takes only 10 minutes to make! This edible cookie dough is safe to eat, gluten-free, egg-free and all round delicious.
Everyone knows that the best part of making cookies is sneaking some of that cookie dough! And you know with a name like Cookie Dough Diaries I am a huge fan of cookie dough.
Just like my vegan edible cookie dough, this gluten free chocolate chip cookie dough recipe is super easy to make and doesn’t require any fancy ingredients or equipment.
Why You'll Love This Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- It takes just 10 minutes to make this gluten free edible cookie dough recipe!
- You only need 8 simple pantry ingredients that I bet you already have in your kitchen.
- This recipe is perfect for those with food allergies since it is gluten-free, egg-free and can easily be made dairy-free.
- You can customize your edible cookie dough by adding fun mix-ins!
- This tastes just as good as regular cookie dough, but it’s safe to eat since it has no eggs and the flour is heat treated.
- Butter: you can use regular butter or dairy-free butter.
- Flour: I used gluten free 1:1 all purpose baking flour, but you can swap that out for whole wheat flour if you prefer!
- Milk: feel free to use regular milk or dairy-free milk.
- Chocolate Chips: I love using semisweet mini chocolate chips, that way I get chocolate chips in every bite! You can also use white chocolate chips, milk chocolate chips or dark chocolate chips if you prefer.
Step by Step Instructions
Note: Full ingredient measurements and instructions can be found in the recipe card at the bottom of this page.
Step 1: Start by heat treating your flour. Microwave the flour in a bowl for 1-2 minutes or until it reaches a temperature of 165°Fahrenheit. You can also pour the flour onto a baking sheet and bake in an oven preheated to 350°Fahrenheit for 5 minutes, then let cool completely.
Step 2: In the bowl of a stand mixer or in a large bowl with a handheld mixer, beat the brown sugar, butter and granulated sugar together until light and fluffy. Add in the vanilla extract.
Step 3: Mix in the flour and salt and mix until just combined. Add the milk a bit at a time until it is your desired consistency.
Step 4: Stir in the chocolate chips. Dig in and enjoy!
FAQs and Expert Tips
Heat-treating the flour is going to kill any bacteria! It isn’t just eggs that can make you sick if you eat it raw, and by heating up the flour you’re going to make sure that this gluten free chocolate chip cookie dough is completely safe to eat!
If you want to make gluten free cookies, I recommend baking up a batch of these chocolate chip cookies, making sure you use gluten free flour!
Yes! Because you’re heat-treating the flour and not adding any eggs, this cookie dough is completely safe to eat.
- I always recommend using a kitchen scale to weigh your flour! It’s so easy to add too much flour if you use measuring cups, giving you dry and crumbly cookie dough. If you are using a measuring cup to weigh the flour, make sure you use the scoop and level method.
- Add fun mix-ins like sprinkles, chopped nuts, mini marshmallows, crushed Oreos, or mini M&M's! I love using different colored sprinkles and M&M's depending on the season or holiday.
- If you’ve added a bit too much milk you can sprinkle in extra (heat-treated!) flour.
Storage and Freezing Instructions
Store this chocolate chip cookie dough in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 7 days. Leave at room temperature before enjoying!
More Gluten Free Recipes You'll Love
Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- Add in the flour and salt and mix until just combined. Add in milk a little at a time then mix again. Add more milk as needed to achieve desired consistency.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and dig in!
The calorie information provided for this recipe is an estimate. The accuracy of the calories listed is not guaranteed.