This post contains affiliate links. Read the full disclosure here.
This banana chia pudding is the perfect easy healthy breakfast to start your day! It only requires 3 main ingredients and can be prepped in 5 minutes. I love making a big batch of this at the beginning of the week so I have a nourishing breakfast or snack on hand all week long.
I love that it can be made ahead and I can reach into the fridge every morning for a healthy and nutritious breakfast.
This banana chia pudding is packed with protein and fiber, so it will leave you feeling full. Plus, you can mix up the toppings every morning, it’s gluten free, and it can be made entirely vegan too!
Why You'll Love This Banana Chia Pudding
- It only requires 3 main ingredients, and I’ve got optional ingredients that will upgrade your banana chia seed pudding!
- It takes just 5 minutes to prepare this creamy and wholesome chia seed pudding. Ideal if you’re low on time!
- This banana chia pudding is perfect for meal prep. You can easily double the recipe so you have a healthy and filling breakfast or snack on hand all week long.
- This recipe is perfect for those with food allergies as it’s dairy free, egg free, vegan, and gluten free.
- Milk: I’ve used oat milk here but you can use regular milk here or another dairy free milk.
- Banana: you’ll need a ripe banana. It can be overripe if you like your chia pudding to be sweeter. I also love topping my pudding with a few extra banana slices.
- Chia Seeds: these wonderful little seeds are packed with so many nutrients! The chia seeds absorb the milk and give us that creamy texture.
- Hemp Seeds: these are optional but they are so rich in protein, fiber and omega-3s!
- Maple Syrup: if you want to sweeten up this oat milk chia pudding you can add a teaspoon of maple syrup. Feel free to use honey or another sweetener of your choice too.
- Cinnamon: Another optional ingredient, you can add some ground cinnamon or nutmeg for extra flavor.
Step By Step Instructions
Note: Full ingredient measurements and instructions can be found in the recipe card at the bottom of this page.
Step 1: mash the banana in a medium bowl. Add in the chia seeds, milk and any of the optional ingredients.
Step 2: Mix well until there are no more clumps. Add the mashed banana into a mason jar or food storage container. If using lots of small jars, divide the mixture evenly between the jars. Cover the jar or container with a lid and place in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
Step 3: Add any toppings and enjoy your breakfast or snack!
FAQs and Expert Tips
Is chia pudding healthy?
Yes, banana chia pudding is a healthy snack or breakfast. Chia seeds are filled with protein, omega-3s, and fiber!
Double up the ingredients needed and store the chia seed pudding in individual jars. It will make enough chia seed pudding to last you the week! Then all you have to do every morning is add your preferred toppings.
Why is my chia pudding runny?
It’s either because you added too much milk or didn’t let it sit long enough in the fridge before eating. Make sure you measure the milk properly and let it chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Toppings: I love topping my banana chia seed pudding with fresh berries, sliced bananas, nuts or seeds! It’s also great with nut butters, sliced fruits, or coconut flakes.
- Let your chia seed pudding sit in the fridge for at least 2 hours, or until thick.
- If you want your chia seed pudding to be sweeter, make sure to use a ripe banana! You can also add maple syrup or another liquid sweetener.
- Make sure you mix everything together so there are no lumps before placing it in the fridge. You want all the ingredients to be combined so that it’s smooth, not clumpy.
Storage and Freezing Instructions
Store the prepared banana chia pudding in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
More Healthy Recipes You'll Love
Banana Chia Pudding
- 1 large mason jar or
- In a medium bowl, mash the banana. Add the mashed banana into the mason jar (or a food storage container) then add chia seeds, milk, and any of the optional ingredients if desired.
- Mix well until there are no clumps. Is using multiple smaller jars, divide the mixture between the jars. Cover the jar (or container) with a lid and refrigerate for 2 hours or until it has thickened.
- Add any toppings desired and enjoy!
The calorie information provided for this recipe is an estimate. The accuracy of the calories listed is not guaranteed.