This post contains affiliate links. Read the full disclosure here.
Get ready for the most delicious Nutella milkshake ever! This indulgent Nutella shake is made with 3 ingredients and takes just 4 minutes to make. This is a perfect refreshing and easy treat, plus it’s allergy friendly too!
Milkshakes are one of my favorite things to enjoy on a hot summer day! If I’m craving something fruity, I like this mango milkshake or I'll make a strawberry banana milkshake, but other days I want something chocolatey like this chocolate hazelnut milkshake!
This nutella shake is so simple to prepare and you can make it even more indulgent by adding a Nutella rim to your glass or drizzling over some extra chocolate hazelnut spread!
Why You'll Love This Nutella Milkshake
- This milkshake only needs 3 ingredients, and there are a few extra ones you can add to take your milkshake to the next level!
- This is the perfect allergy friendly milkshake! This recipe is entirely gluten free and egg free. If you want to make it dairy free just use dairy free milk and ice cream. If you want this Nutella milkshake to be vegan then be sure to use vegan vanilla ice cream, vegan milk, vegan whipped cream and a vegan chocolate hazelnut spread.
- This recipe makes enough for 2 milkshakes, but you can simply halve the recipe if you want just 1 milkshake or double it for 4!
- Looking to add some fruit to this? You can add ½ a frozen banana before blending to have a banana Nutella milkshake!
- Milk: feel free to use any milk in this recipe, you can use regular milk or dairy free milk! If you want a thicker milkshake then use a bit less milk, or if you want a thinner milkshake, then use more.
- Vanilla Ice Cream: use your favorite vanilla ice cream or vegan vanilla ice cream! You can also make this with frozen yogurt if you prefer. You could also use chocolate ice cream but it will slightly mask the Nutella taste.
- Chocolate Hazelnut Spread: use Nutella or a vegan chocolate hazelnut spread.
- Whipped Cream: this is optional for topping! You can use regular, dairy free, or vegan whipped cream.
Step By Step Instructions
Note: Full ingredient measurements and instructions can be found in the recipe card at the bottom of this page.
Step One: This step is optional but I think it makes the milkshake that more special and it looks fancy too! Spread some Nutella on a small plate and turn the rim of your glass on it until it is completely covered. You can also add some chopped hazelnuts to the rim.
Step Two: Pour the milk, chocolate hazelnut spread, and vanilla ice cream into your blender.
Step Three: Blend until the milkshake is completely smooth.
Step Four: Pour the blended milkshake into your prepared glass. Top with whipped cream and drizzle over chocolate hazelnut spread (if the spread is too thick to drizzle then melt briefly in the microwave). You can also sprinkle over some extra chopped hazelnuts!
FAQs and Expert Tips
Yes! It's been tested with vegan ingredients and with regular dairy ingredients.
To make it vegan, use vegan chocolate hazelnut spread, vegan ice cream, vegan milk and a vegan whipped cream for the topping!
Yes! You can add ½ a frozen banana just before blending and then you’ll have a delicious banana Nutella milkshake!
- Use a high powered blender - using a high powered blender is going to give you an extra smooth milkshake! If you’re adding frozen bananas to the milkshake then you really need to be using a high powered blender or your milkshake won’t be smooth.
- Adjust the milk - if you want a thicker milkshake, be sure to use less milk! If you want your milkshake to have a thinner consistency then you can use more. Try your milkshake after you blend it to see if it is the right consistency for you.
- Add ice for a hot day - add ¼ - ⅓ cup of ice to the ingredients just before blending if you want a super cold milkshake for a hot day! It can slightly water down the milkshake though so keep that in mind.
- Milkshake for one - this recipe makes 2 milkshakes, so if you’re making a milkshake just for yourself then divide the ingredient in half. If you want to make it for 4 people then just double the ingredients!
Storage and Freezing Instructions
This milkshake is best enjoyed fresh so I don’t recommend storing it in the fridge after making it.
More Drink Recipes You'll Love
- 1 Blender
- ⅛-¼ cup milk (regular or vegan)
- 5 Tablespoons vegan chocolate hazelnut spread or Nutella (plus more for the rim if desired)
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream (regular or vegan)
- whipped cream (regular or vegan)
- ¼ cup ice
- Optional Step: Spread some Nutella on a small plate and turn the rim of your glass on it until it is completely covered. You can also add some chopped hazelnuts to the rim.
- Pour the milk, chocolate hazelnut spread, and vanilla ice cream into your blender. Blend until the milkshake is completely smooth.
- Pour the blended milkshake into your prepared glasses. Top with whipped cream and drizzle with more chocolate hazelnut spread (if the spread is too thick to drizzle then melt briefly in the microwave). You can also sprinkle some extra chopped hazelnuts on top!
The calorie information provided for this recipe is an estimate. The accuracy of the calories listed is not guaranteed.