This post contains affiliate links. Read the full disclosure here.
These have got to be my favorite small batch blondies! They have the perfect crinkle top, are made in one bowl, and you don’t even need a mixer. This recipe uses just 8 simple ingredients and makes 8 perfect blondies!
I don't know about you, but sometimes I just want to make small batch desserts! These small batch blondies are perfect when you want to make a dessert without a ton of leftovers, or if you don’t have a lot of ingredients on hand.
My small batch brownie recipe was a huge hit, and I knew I had to make a blondies version! These small batch blondies are based off of my chocolate chunk blondies. They are just as gooey, chewy and irresistible.
Why You'll Love These Small Batch Blondies
- It takes less than 40 minutes to make these gooey blondies!
- This recipe makes just 8 blondies, so it’s perfect if you want a small portion or you are short on ingredients.
- You can easily make this dairy free by using vegan butter instead of regular butter and vegan semisweet chocolate chips.
- You only need 8 ingredients to make this recipe, so it’s perfect for when you don’t have a lot of ingredients on hand - you probably already have everything you need already!
- Butter: you can use regular butter, but if you’re looking to make this recipe dairy free then use vegan butter.
- Flour: I’ve tested this recipe with all purpose flour. If you need to make this recipe gluten free, then you can try using gluten free 1-1 all purpose baking flour.
- Eggs: I haven’t tested this recipe with an egg substitution so I don’t recommend it!
- Chocolate Chips: you can use a chopped up chocolate bar if you prefer. Looking to make this dairy free? Then make sure to use vegan chocolate chips!
- Sugar: this recipe uses both light brown sugar and white sugar.
Step By Step Instructions
Note: Full ingredient measurements and instructions can be found in the recipe card at the bottom of this page.
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 350°Fahrenheit. Line a 8x4 loaf pan or 9x5 loaf pan with parchment paper. Make sure you have some of the paper overhanging to make it easier to remove the blondies from the pan
Step 2: Melt the butter, either by melting on the stove or placing in a microwave-safe bowl and heating until melted. Take the butter out and whisk in the both sugars. Whisk until the batter easily pulls away from the sides of the bowl, it should be paste-like in consistency.
Step 3: Whisk in the egg and vanilla extract.
Step 4: Add the flour and salt, whisking until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
Step 5: Pour the blondie batter into the prepared pan. Make sure it is spread into an even layer and bake for 20-36 minutes.
Step 6: You’ll know it’s ready when the top is crackly and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out with just a few wet crumbs - but not completely covered in batter or clean. If you move the pan in the oven the batter shouldn’t jiggle. Let the blondies cool completely in the pan before slicing into 8 pieces.
FAQs and Expert Tips
Yes, blondies should have a gooey middle and be chewy. Don’t overbake them or they will be dry.
If you’re looking to make a full batch of blondies then check out my chocolate chunk blondies
What can I add to these small batch blondies?
If you want to make the blondies without any mix-ins, you can leave out the chocolate, and you can also add in other things too, like chopped up leftover chocolate candy, peanut butter cups, vegan white chocolate chips, or even chopped nuts!
You can use a 8x4 or 9x5 loaf pan. If you use the 9x5 then the blondies will be thinner.
- Properly measure your flour - I highly recommend using a $15 kitchen scale to weigh your dry ingredients (metric measurements are in the recipe card below). If you aren't using a scale, use the scoop and level method.
- Don’t over-bake - we want gooey and chewy blondies, so keep an eye on these blondies while they’re in the oven! If you over-bake them then they’ll be dry.
- Whisk the sugar and butter until a paste forms - when the mixture pulls away from the side of the bowl, you can add the egg and vanilla. Whisking to this point helps create that crinkle top!
- Let the bars cool completely - make sure you let the blondies cool completely in the pan before slicing. If you slice them while they’re still warm they might fall apart.
Storage and Freezing Instructions
Store the small batch blondies at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 4 days. Freeze the sliced blondies in a freezer bag, let them thaw completely.
More Recipes You'll Love
Small Batch Blondies
- 1 8x4 loaf pan
- 1 Whisk
- 6 Tablespoons butter, melted (regular or vegan)
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ Tablespoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup + 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup semisweet chocolate chips or chopped chocolate (regular or vegan)
- Prepare an 8x4 or 9x5 loaf baking pan with parchment paper, leaving some over the sides to make it easy to remove the blondies from the pan. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Place the butter in a microwave-safe bowl and heat in the microwave until melted (or melt butter over the stove). Add in both sugars and whisk until the mixture pulls away easily from the sides of the bowl as you mix, with a paste-like consistency.
- Whisk in the egg and vanilla extract.
- Add flour and salt, then whisk until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the parchment-lined pan, spreading it around in an even layer and bake for 26-36 minutes.
- The top should be crackly and a toothpick inserted in the middle should come out with just a few wet crumbs on it, but not covered in batter or completely clean. The batter should also not be jiggly in the pan. Let the blondies cool completely in the pan before slicing.
The calorie information provided for this recipe is an estimate. The accuracy of the calories listed is not guaranteed.